- B.S. in Elementary Education / Special Education and M.Ed. in Special Education
- Master's and Graduate Certificate Programs in Special Education
- Online Master of Science in Special Education
- Online Master of Education (M.Ed) In Special Education Intervention
Looking for more information about a specific disability or a support organization? Want to do some in-depth research into a topic? Curious about assistive technology apps?
This section covers the bases. In Support and Resources for Parents and Teachers you’ll find a lengthy list of organizations and websites that can help you locate additional resources and support for you and your child or student, learn how to advocate and expand your knowledge base. The organizations are categorized by type for easy navigation; categories include:
- Support Organizations for Families
- Assistive Technology
- Learning Disabilities
- Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Austim Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Communication Disorders
- Visual Impairment
- Brain/Spinal Cord Injuries
- Teacher Resources
- Legal/Advocacy Information and Resources
Our article 7 Apps to Use as Assistive Technology will introduce you to how you can use smartphone and iPad apps to support your child’s or student’s learning.
We know you don’t have a lot of extra time on your hands to scour the Internet looking for more information from scholars, researchers and other professionals in the field of special education. So, we put together a list of free online scholarly research articles in Scholarly and Evidence-Based Research Articles. It’s specifically geared toward teachers looking to deepen their understanding of a topic, but parents may also find these articles useful.